Short Stay Visa (up to 90 days)
All visas for a short stay of up to 90 days are generally issued as Schengen visa. The Schengen visa entitles its holder to travel to all Schengen states (Austria, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Iceland, Hungary, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Poland, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Estonia, Malta and Switzerland) unless otherwise indicated on the visa sticker. The visa is issued for 1, 2 or several entries.
A Schengen visa allows the holder to travel freely within the Schengen Area for a maximum stay of up to 90 days in any 180 days period. If you wish to stay longer than 90 days you will need a Type D visa or a national visa.
If you intend to travel to more than one Schengen State, the application must be submitted at the Consulate of the main destination. The main destination is understood to be the destination where you intend to spend the longest time or where the main purpose of your intended journey is carried out.
List of the nationalities which don't require a visa for a short stay no longer than 3 months as part of a trip for tourist, private or business purposes
|Andorra||Antigua and Barbuda||Argentina||Australia;|
|Chili||Costa Rica||Croatia||El Salvador|
|Guatemala||Holy See(Vatican City State)||Honduras||Israel|
|Nicaragua||New Zealand||Northern Mariana Islands||Panama|
|Paraguay||Saint Kitts and Nevis||San Marino||Serbia*|
|Seychelles||Singapore||South Korea||United States|
- Holders of passports from the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China ;
- Holders of passports from the Special Administrative Region of Macao of the People’s Republic of China ;
- Holders of Taiwan passports where national ID number is written on;
- Holders of a valid residence document in Austria;
- Holders of a residence document issued by a country which adheres to the Schengen Agreement ;
- Holders of a travel document issued by a country which adheres to the Schengen Agreement ;
- Holders of a "British National Overseas" passport
*NB: Only for holders of a biometric passport