You intend to stay in Austria between 91 days to 180 days for medical treatment.
The holder of a national D visa is entitled to travel in other Schengen-countries for a maximum of 90 days within a 6 months period (i.e. the maximum validity of the Austrian visa D).
Visa Fee and Service Charges
The below rates apply from the month of January 2020. They may be varied at any time. All the charges are non-refundable post submission and may only be paid in cash CNY or Wechat. Credit cards are not accepted.
|Fee Type||Visa Fee For Long Stay Visa||
D Visa fee - For Children under 6 years old
|In Euros||In CNY||In Euros||In CNY|
Long Stay Visa (up to 6 months)
- Researchers from third countries according to Recommendation 2005/761 / EC of the European Parliament and Council on 28 September 2005, No L 289, 03.11.2005 p. 23, to facilitate the issuance of uniform short-stay visas by Member States of researchers from third countries who are staying within the Community of the European Union for research reasons
- representatives of non-profit organizations up to the age of 18 attending seminars, conferences, sports, cultural or educational events organized by non-profit organizations,
Beneficiaries of third-country nationals and family members according to § 2 (4) Z 11 and 12 of the Austrian Fremdenpolizeigesetz 2005 - FPG, BGBl. I No. 100/2005
(Family members in this context include spouses, registered partners, relatives and relatives of the spouse or registered partner in an even descending line (including adopted or step child) until the age of 21, in addition - if support and alimony is actually granted - relatives or relatives of the spouse or registered partner in an ascending line, provided they are actually provided with support and alimony.)
Please bring your original Hukou / ID card and bank statement should have red Bank stamp.
The passport should be valid for a minimum of 3 months after expiry of the visa at the time of submission of the application. If you do not have a blank page to which a visa can be affixed, a new passport must be obtained before submitting your application.
If apply in Shanghai Jurisdiction please kindly note:
- Insurance including Deductible will not be accepted. Please be attention when you purchase the insurance.
- Please provide first and last page and every used page of your passport, include all expired old passport. Two copies of first page are required.
- Please provide latest six months bank statement and deposit certification as proof of solvency.
- Retired applicant should provide the proof of retirement fund and Certificate of retirement.
- Temp Residence Permit of Shanghai Jurisdiction should be issued by 3 months ago.
- All the Chinese documents (except for ID card, bank statement and Hukou) need to be attached with English translation.
2 recent passport photographs (colour, 3.4 x 4.5 cm, light background) should be complied with ICAO guidelines www.passbildkriterien.at.
Please stick one photo on the application form and attach the other one with a paper clip.
A Photograph submitted with the application should comply with the following specifications:
- Latest photograph not older than 6 months
- Colour photograph printed on normal photographic paper
- Should be passport sized 45mm x 35mm
- 70-80% of the photograph should be covered by face
- Full face straight profile photograph, 30-36 mm from point of the chin to head
- Should be taken against a light background
- Should be without sunglasses, hat or cap
- Photograph can be taken with headgear, after consideration on case to case basis if the applicant wears headgear on religious grounds.
- Spectacles should not have toned or reflecting glasses. The frame of the spectacles may not cover the eyes
Please note that photographs should meet the above mentioned specifications.
The maximum case processing time according to the EU Visa Code cannot exceed 15 calendar days, or in exceptional cases 30 or 60 days respectively. Please note that the processing time is counted from the date the Embassy/Consulate receives the application, not the date the application is submitted at the Austrian Visa Application Centres. Applications will usually be transferred to the Embassy/Consulate the next working day.
In case an application needs to be referred to The Austrian Immigration Service, processing time will be longer.
Applications can be submitted no more than 3 months before the start of the intended visit. It is recommended to submit applications not later than 15 calendar days before the start of the intended visit.
The Embassy and Consulate reserve the right to call applicants in for a personal interview at a later time. Likewise, the Embassy and Consulate reserve the right to request additional documents not contained in the harmonized list of documents, when necessary.
This page hosts the form required for your Visa Application. Please click on the relevant form to download your visa application form.
|Visa Application Form (For Beijing Jurisdiction) Attention: for minors, signatures of both parents are required.|
|Visa Application Form (For Shanghai Jurisdiction) Attention:The application form shall be filled in with Latin alphabet on the computer; All mandatory fields shall be completed; Print out the application form and sign the application.|
Beijing Jurisdiction: All provinces in the People's Republic of China, except the provinces which belong to the Shanghai Jurisdictions.
Below application centres belong to Beijing jurisdiction:
Austrian Visa Application Centre – Beijing, Joint Visa Application Centre – Guangzhou, Joint Visa Application Centre – Xi’an and Joint Visa Application Centre – Chongqing, Joint Visa Application Centre – Shenyang, Joint Visa Application Centre – Wuhan, Joint Visa Application Centre – Changsha, Joint Visa Application Centre – Chengdu, Joint Visa Application Centre – Jinan, Joint Visa Application Centre – Shenzhen, Joint Visa Application Centre – Fuzhou, Joint Visa Application Centre – Kunming
Shanghai Jurisdiction: Jiangsu, Shanghai, Zhejiang, Anhui
Below application centres belong to Shanghai jurisdiction:
Austrian Visa Application Centre –Shanghai and Joint Visa Application Centre – Hangzhou, Joint Visa Application Centre – Nanjing
Attention! For a child inserted into a parent’s passport a separate Visa Application Form is filled.
Please note: From now on Shanghai Jurisdiction use new version of Austria Visa Application Form - Shanghai, you can download it from this page. From 1 October 2012, any other version of visa form will not be accepted.